Sports Injury Treatment in Central FL
Spine and Injury Associates has eight locations across central Florida to meet your sports injury needs. If you live in or near Haines City, Altamonte Springs, Plant City, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Ocala or Orlando, we encourage you to speak with our chiropractic care team regarding natural ways to heal your sports injury. If you experience a sports injury, we suggest you schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors as soon as possible, so that healing can begin and you can return to your favorite sports activities. A sports injury does not have to sideline you for long when you use our combination of chiropractic care techniques.
Common Sports Injuries in Central FL
The weather in Florida is conducive to a variety of year-round outdoor sports. However, indoor sports may cause injuries as well. Common sports injuries among our clients who live in the central Florida area include:
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff sprains, overuse injuries, dislocations, and shoulder instability concerns. You may experience pain, limited shoulder mobility or weakness in the shoulder joint.
- Knee challenges such as runner's knee, tendonitis, and dislocations. Knee injuries may be felt as instability in the knee, pain, limited range of motion or a clicking sensation.
- Muscle strains occur when muscles are stretched. You may experience pain, inflammation or limited mobility.
- Joint sprains that injure the connective tissues of a joint. A sprain may occur at any of the most commonly used joints such as your thumb, fingers, knees, shoulders, and ankles.
- Concussions occur when your head impacts something hard such as the ground or another player's head. You may experience symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, unfocused vision, and nausea.
Our chiropractor evaluates your condition to determine which of our techniques best meets your sports injury needs. For example, if you are experiencing symptoms of a concussion, our chiropractor may use gentle chiropractic adjustments to position your neck and back into an alignment that decreases pain and promotes healing. In other situations, we may apply kinesiology tape to support your muscles and joints while they are healing. Our chiropractors may also suggest massage therapy to decrease inflammation and improve your flexibility. We will teach you exercises to perform at home that help improve your joint stability and muscular balance.
Call Spine and Injury Associates in Central FL Today
Sports injuries respond well to our natural chiropractic care techniques. We want you to return to your physical activities as soon as possible. The sooner you start treatment with us, the faster your injury will heal, so begin your sports injury care today by calling us at 407-434-7246.