Neck injuries are among the most common reasons why people across the country seek out treatment from a chiropractor. At Downtown Chiropractic, Inc., neck pain treatment is one of the things we perform the most. There are all sorts of reasons why this treatment is necessary. People can get injured at work, in automobile accidents, while playing their favorite sport, or from awkwardly sleeping in the wrong position. For all of these injuries, our chiropractor in Albuquerque, NM, can treat them naturally and effectively.
Common Neck Injuries
Neck injuries can restrict movement, cause pain, and affect how you go about your day. There are a handful of ailments that we see most often and commonly treat, such as:
- Neck Sprain: These are often caused by falls or sudden twists that overstretch the joints.
- Whiplash: A condition where the head is moved forward and back very quickly. It is common in car accidents and contact sports and can cause damage to joints and discs.
- Herniated Disc: When the soft inner layer of a spinal disc seeps through the harder outer layer, it causes pressure on nerves.
- Crick in the Neck: This is usually the result of a muscle spasm or arthritis.
- Muscle Strain: This happens when the muscles between the head and upper spine become injured, causing reduced flexibility, muscle spasms, and pain.
- Neck Fracture: This occurs when there is a break in the bone caused by an outside factor, such as a fall or degenerative disorder.
- Stingers and Burners: These are injuries to nerve roots, usually caused by contact sports such as football. Symptoms include stinging, burning, or electrical sensation down the arm or weakness.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Orlando
At Spine & Injury Associates, we have provided residents of Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Haines City, Plant City, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, and Ocala with neck pain treatment for many years. Call us today at (407) 434-7246 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.